Crisis Or Disaster Guidelines
When a disaster or major medical emergency occurs, Baptist Health Paducah and the media will need to work closely together to quickly provide accurate information.
To accomplish this, Baptist Health Paducah has a disaster plan. Please follow these guidelines in the event of a disaster or mass casualty incident:
- The media will be taken to a designated area to receive news releases and updates. In most instances, the area will be the Radiation Center entrance and parking lot. Marketing and/or other hospital representatives, will escort you to the designated area.
- Media crews may be given access to other areas of campus, depending on the circumstances, but only with a Marketing escort.
- Cell telephones can be used only in the designated media area. Cell phone use is not allowed within the hospital. Telephone availability may be limited.
- An escort from Marketing will be required for media to conduct all on-site interviews.
- As a security precaution, media will be asked to show press credentials and/or may be issued temporary press badges by Baptist Health Paducah.