Baptist Health Paducah to host Start! Walking Day April 11
Baptist Health Paducah will host Start! Walking Day from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 11, on the hospital’s outdoor, one-mile walking trail. The public is invited to walk the trail, starting at the entrance of the Baptist Heart Center.
Baptist Health Paducah is the region’s exclusive sponsor of the American Heart Association’s Start! walking program.
Walking can manage weight, and it has many other health benefits. Research has proven that walking at least 30 minutes a day can help:
- Lower the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Improve blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Reduce breast cancer and Type 2 diabetes risks
- Enhance mental well-being
- Reduce risk of osteoporosis and hip fractures
- Improve sleep
For more information about Start! Walking Day, phone (270) 575-2895.