Children are not just miniature adults. They have different needs and require different medical care than grownups do. That's why Baptist Health Paducah offers specialized services just for kids.
- A Pediatric Unit to make your child's stay at Baptist Health Paducah as comfortable and worry-free as possible
- A special surgical holding to help ease a child's anxiety prior to surgery. In the pediatric holding area, children can play with toys and games. When it's time for surgery, they can ride in a wagon instead of a hospital stretcher. Normally, family members are not allowed in surgical holding areas, but parents of small children get special privileges. They may wait in the pediatric holding area with their child until the time of surgery.
- Kosair-Children's Hospital Quarterly Clinics to provide follow-up care to children who have been treated at Kosair-Children's Hospital; and
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Services, for children with motor, cognitive, speech and language delays, offered on an outpatient basis at Baptist Rehab Center.
Education and Support for Parents
Western Baptist also offers educational and support programs for parents, including:
- Pediatric CPR class, which teaches cardiopulmonary resuscitation of infants and children to eight years of age;
- Baptist Health Information Library, an automated health information service that provides a wealth of topics to choose from, including parenting advice and children's health. The topic catalog is available online or you can request one be mailed to you by calling (270) 575-2895.
For More Information
Baptist Health Paducah's Infection Control Department is responsible for preventing and controlling the spread of nosocomial infections in hospitalized patients.
For more information on Children's Services at Baptist Health Paducah, call (270) 575-2400.