For people with learning disabilities, strokes, hearing loss or other illnesses, communication can be very difficult. If you need assistance with speaking, thinking or swallowing, Baptist Health Paducah's speech therapists can help.
Therapy can be provided on an inpatient basis through the hospital's Rehabilitation Services department, on an outpatient basis at Baptist Rehab Center or at home through Baptist Home Health.
Speech-language pathologists at Baptist Health Paducah can:
- Evaluate and provide treatment for communication problems to help you regain listening, reading, speaking and writing skills;
- Perform swallowing studies and retrain people who suffer from swallowing difficulties;
- Provide voice therapy to persons with voice disorders caused by nodules as a result of overuse or misuse of the vocal chords:
- Help children with learning disabilities master communication skills; and
- Improve cognitive functioning.
Speech therapy services are offered by appointment at Baptist Rehab Center from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday. For more information or to schedule an appointment, phone (270) 534-1200.