Injury and illness can take a toll on the body's strength and mobility. Physical therapists at Baptist Health Paducah can help you regain your strength, coordination and balance and reach specific goals, such as independent movement, wheelchair mobility or walking.
Therapy can be provided on an inpatient through the hospital's Rehabilitation Services department on an outpatient basis through Baptist Rehab Center, or at home through Baptist Home Health.
Physical therapy services are designed to provide every patient with a comprehensive evaluation followed by an individualized treatment plan. Our therapists emphasize patient participation and follow-through. Services include:
- Orthopaedic assessments of musculo-skeletal problems;
- Patient education and home program instruction;
- Gait analysis (for patients who are having problems walking);
- Manual therapy techniques, including joint mobilization, positional release, strain/counter strain and muscle energy;
- Custom-fabricated arch supports;
- Aquatic (water) therapy for conditions such as arthritis, Parkinson's disease and strokes;
- Therapy for chronic pain problems;
- Pediatric rehabilitation services for children with developmental or physical problems;
- Treatment of chronic, non-healing wounds through the Wound Care Service; and
- Diagnosis and rehabilitation of vestibular disorders for patients suffering from dizziness.
Outpatient physical therapy services are provided at Baptist Rehab Center from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays. For more information or to schedule an appointment, phone (270) 534-1200.