The Oncology Registry at Baptist Health Paducah maintains records of all cancer patients who have been diagnosed and received treatment at Baptist Health Paducah.
Functions of the registry include:
- Conducting yearly follow-ups on all patients to review medical information, update the patient's well-being and document patient deaths. Visit the state cancer registry.
- Mapping cancer incidence in McCracken, Graves, Calloway, Ballard, Carlisle, Hickman, Fulton, Marshall, Livingston and Lyon counties. Through this research, we are able to look at the incidence of cancer in certain areas which, in turn, helps determine funding for cancer research by the Kentucky Cancer Registry, National Cancer Database and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Assisting with weekly tumor conferences. The Oncology Registry is responsible for reviewing the pathology reports and submitting cases from the pathology reports for presentation.
- Providing patient follow-up information to other facilities.
- Conducting local research projects for area physicians.
For a comprehensive library of cancer-related information, visit our Cancer Care Library.
For more information about Baptist Health Paducah's Oncology Registry, phone (270) 575-2783 or 575-2864.