Instant Health Line
Patients at Baptist Health Paducah can watch health education videos in their rooms through the hospital's Instant Health Line. Simply by dialing the phone, you can watch a video which will help you learn more about your illness and how to stay healthy. This is a free service.
Educational videos are available on a wide range of topics, including:
- Cancer: Learn about coping with fatigue and breast cancer.
- Diabetes: Learn about diabetes, how to keep your diabetes in control, diabetic medications, exercise, nutrition, insulin injections, how to care for your feet and legs, carbohydrate counting, gestational diabetes and children with diabetes.
- Gastroenterology: Learn about colonoscopy, endoscopy, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
- Surgery: Learn about laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder by laparoscope), breast cancer surgery and laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy.
- Cardiovascular: Learn about risk factors for heart attack, angina, arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, exercise testing, cardiac catheterization, angioplasty, coronary stents, coronary bypass surgery, living with heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, aneurysms, heart valve surgery, carotid endarterectomy and measures you can take to promote a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Maternal, Child and Women's Health: Learn about gestational diabetes, childbirth, epidural anesthesia, breastfeeding, car seat safety, SIDS, fever in children, menopause, and hysterectomy.
- Neurology: Learn about strokes, head injuries in children and myelograms.
- Ostomy Care: Learn how to manage a colostomy, urostomy or ileostomy.
- Respiratory: Learn about Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), asthma in adults and children, medications and inhalers.
Videos are also available on general health issues, such as:
- Smoking cessation; and
- Advance directives.
The Instant Health Line is a free service for patients of Baptist Health Paducah. Health education videos are available for checkout in the Medical Library.