Grown-ups can set good examples to get kids moving
Here are some helpful tips for parents from the Let's Move campaign:
- Walk your way to a healthier heart. Take a walk with your family after dinner. Make it a regular part of your day
- Keep fresh fruit or other healthy snacks in a bowl near your child's reach.
- Turn off the TV and video games, especially during meals. Use that time to talk about your day.
- Plan a menu for the week. Get children involved in planning and cooking.
- Talk to the principal about organizing a school health team.